I accept the terms and conditions as set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules (“Official Rules”). I confirm I am at least 18 years old and a legal resident of the continental United States. By entering the sweepstakes, I agree to these Official Rules.
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. Eligibility: The Write-A-Review Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to citizens and legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on the date of entry and have a valid email address. Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of Casper are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes, nor are their immediate families (spouses and siblings, parents and children and their spouses) or household members. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law or where bonding, registration, or other requirements would be required but have not been met, or where the methods of entry set forth below would be deemed consideration. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply
2. Casper: The Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by Casper, Sleep Inc. (“Casper” or “Sponsor”) with an address of 175 Greenwich St, 39th Floor, New York, NY 10007.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules as well as Casper’s decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes, which decisions are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes will be divided into two (2) bi-annual entry periods for the respective calendar year. The first period begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on January 1 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT June 30 and the second period begins at 12:01 a.m. EDT July 1 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST December 31 (each, a “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period will not be eligible to win a prize for that Sweepstakes Entry Period. Casper’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Entries will not be rolled over to subsequent Sweepstakes Entry Periods.
5. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter, the online method of entry and mail-in method of entry outlined below:
a. Online/Email Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit the Casper reviews website (https://casper.com/mattresses/reviews/) during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and submit a product review for a Casper mattress. All other product reviews are excluded. Alternatively, you can submit a review through an email you may receive from Casper. Submissions must comply with our review policy guidelines at https://casper.com/terms/ in order to be eligible.
b. Mail In/No Purchase Necessary Entry: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by mail without leaving a review as follows. On a plain 3” x 5” index card, legibly handprint or type your first name, last name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, zip code, home phone number (including area code), and email address, and at your sole option you may, but are not obligated to, include a written product review for a Casper mattress. Your mail in entry with or without a product review, if otherwise eligible, will be treated the same as all other eligible entries. Mail your completed 3” x 5” card to Casper, Attention: Casper Review Sweepstakes Entry, 175 Greenwich St,, 39th Floor, New York, NY 10007. To be considered eligible in the Sweepstakes, your entry must be postmarked no later than ten (10) days prior to the conclusion of the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period. Each card received will be considered as one (1) entry for that entrant.
6. Number of Entries: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entries will not be acknowledged. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Casper reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Casper, in its sole discretion.
7. Drawing: On or around the first day following the Sweepstakes Entry Period, Casper will select one potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. If no eligible entries are received during a Sweepstakes Entry Period, no prize will be awarded for that Sweepstakes Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household.
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Casper will notify the winner by email at the address provided within five (5) business days of the drawing. If a potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days after the notice is sent, he or she will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize Pack (defined below) and Casper may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Except where prohibited, a potential winner shall be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, Casper may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
9. Acceptance of Prize: By entering the Sweepstakes and accepting the Prize Pack (defined below),) if you are a winner, you agree to conform to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. When applicable, the winner may be required to execute and return (and winning may be conditioned upon the winner executing and returning) to Casper, within seven (7) days, an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release drafted by Casper. If winner does not return such affidavit, an alternative winner may be selected. Winners may be required in Sponsor’s sole discretion to complete relevant tax forms as a condition to the delivery of the Prize. Winner may also be required to furnish proof of identity, address and birth date in order to receive the Prize.
10. Prize(s): The prize, consisting of all of the items set forth in Section 11, will be awarded. One (1) winner will be chosen at random for each Sweepstakes Entry Period for a total of one (1) winner. The prize is (the “Prize Pack”). The Prize Pack has an estimated retail value of $350. One winner will be chosen to win the entire Prize Pack.
11. Description of Prizes: Each prize consists of the following: one (1) $350 Amazon Gift Card (the “Prize Pack”). The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prize Pack is $350. One winner will be chosen to win the entire Prize Pack. Each winner is responsible for paying any applicable income and other taxes. The Prize Pack is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer, and is awarded on an as is basis, is non-transferrable, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. No substitutions of the Prize Pack (including, without limitation, cash) are permitted, except that Casper reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize Pack is not available for any reason, but in no event will the total ARV of the Sweepstakes’ prizes be more than $5000.
12. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Casper may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules, or (b) award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Casper reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Casper reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Casper to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Casper by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Casper. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Casper reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in a manner deemed appropriate by Casper. In the event of termination, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of date of termination. If any provision of these rules is held to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so Official Rules otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
13. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Casper, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or incomplete entries or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any of the prizes; (g) the administration of the Sweepstakes, (h) yours and/or any third party’s use, sale, or disposal of any prize; (i) dissatisfaction with a prize; or (j) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You acknowledge that Casper has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize offered or awarded (any written warranty by the manufacturer or issuer concerning a prize will be provided along with the prize). You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
15. Use of Entrant Information: By entering the Sweepstakes, you acknowledge and agree that Casper will use your information, including, without limitation, your e-mail address, for general solicitation, marketing, or other business or promotional activities in connection with the services and products provided by Casper. You may at any time revoke the use of such information by providing written notice to Casper at its address provided in Section 18 below.
16. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York County, New York; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Casper in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
17. Third Party Platforms: If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g. Facebook or Twitter) (“Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and agree to comply with all rules and policies set forth by such Third Party Platform and to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any prize related activities. Unless otherwise stated to the contrary in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
18. Results: To request a winner’s list of a copy of these Official Rules, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to Casper, 175 Greenwich St, 39th Floor, New York, NY 10007. Attn: Retention Marketing. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.